Friday, May 8, 2009

why baking?

I always received these same questions from my friends...
tak penat ke baking?
bila masa ko buat cake eh?

Well to be honest, baking is indeed tiring. No deny on that okeh, especially when it comes to cleansing all the utensils and kitchen right after u finish baking. I always wish i have a maid who is assigned to do the clean up job (but again that's just a dream far way to become true :p). Back to the questions, i bake simply because i love to do it. I'm happy when people is beaming with joy, after eating my cakes. The satisfaction that i felt is somehow very special in a way that i didn't feel the same thing when i do other things. I stay up late at night to finish the order. At times i wake up at wee hours just to deco the cake (while my other half is sound asleep in lalaland hehe). Despite the frequent interruption by Firas waking up for feeding, i still find it is ok even tho i need to go back n forth - in between the bedroom n kitchen. Further, i can't stop from admiring other baker's works and always wish i could produce the same thing one day. There are many out there, whose jobs are undeniably very cool and creative...after all baking revolves around arts and crafts in most of the way.

Again i venture into this not because of the extra money earned out of it. Brapelah sangat yg saya dpt compare to the efforts put in throughout the whole process, but it's the satisfaction that we're talking about. Considering myself yg memang kaki tido, it is surprising when i slowly learn the fact that i'm willing to forgo my sleeping time (at night) just to bake cakes. How i wish one day i can just sit at home and bake cakes all day long. Forget the 9-5 job, no hassle with the traffic congestion and all. Syok isn't it??? My hubby always threw out the idea of me pursuing phd. Haha ya ampun diriku tak minat! Konfem 5 tahun pon takkan habis :p